What Are Support Services?

Students who are Deaf or hard of hearing may require additional support in order to complete their studies. These can take various forms depending on your individual requirements.

How Do You Arrange the Supports?

You will meet with your Disability/Access Officer before starting college who in your first term will arrange the supports they feel are most appropriate for you following a needs assessment.

Do You Pay for Supports?

No. The College will make an application on your behalf to the HEA (Higher Education Authority) who will fund any necessary supports needed.

Can You Change the Services You Use?

Yes. Every course is different, and sometimes adjustments are needed. Remember students are the experts; if something is not working and you need to try something else, inform your Disability/Access Officer.